The Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination or JCECE 2017 is a state level entrance exam conducted for enabling admissions to different undergraduate programs in multiple fields. You will have to appear in this entrance exam if you are a resident of the Jharkhand state and want to pursue the career in medical, engineering or agriculture. Thus, it is important to achieve high rankings in this state-level test if you want to get admission in the top institutions operating under the JCECE board. This guide provides you valuable information required to appear in this coveted examination.
Features of JCECE 2017
The courses you can apply for through this Entrance exam include:
- Undergraduate Engineering programs
- Dental Surgery
- Agricultural degree
- Veterinary sciences
Some of the main features of JCECE 2017 include the following:
- The scores you secure in the entrance test will be considered by all the institutes when granting you admission in their courses.
- Make sure to check the eligibility criteria before filling your application. The requirements are specific to the board and you should be a state subject to be able to appear in the exam.
- The application has to be submitted within the third week of May 2017. There are three modes in which you can submit it – ICR application, online, and buying OMR application form through India Post.
- You should download the admit card through the board’s website. it will not be sent by mail.
The Entrance exam takes place in an examination center in 6 towns in Ranchi.
- The board declares the exam results online and the merit list is also published alongside.
- If you qualify, you will have to appear in counseling, which takes place in 2 rounds.
The Pattern of Question Paper
The details of the paper pattern for the JCECE 2017 are as following. So make sure to prepare accordingly:
- The JCECE 2017 question paper is based on the syllabus for 10+2/I. Sc laid down by the Jharkhand academic council and the CBSE.
- The paper has 3 sections, depending on your stream. Each subject carries 50 marks and the different subjects are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics.
- Each question paper has 50 objective type questions of one mark each.
- Correct answers give you one mark, but the negative marking of 0.25 exists if you give a wrong answer. If you choose multiple answers for a question, the question gets rejected and it is not evaluated at all.
- If you are giving the Entrance exam for MBBS, you will have to appear in two-stage examination.
- The MBBS main examination also has objective type paper. It is either held online or offline, which will be intimated to applicants in their admit card or via press release by the authority.
Important Dates for JCECE 2017
The schedule for this Entrance exam is as following:
- Information brochure release: Third week in April
- JCECE application form becomes available: Third week of April
- Last date for submitting application: Third week of May
- Admit card is issued: Second week of June
- Date of JCECE 2017 entrance test: Second week of June
- Result declaration: Last week of June
- Counseling: July & August
Thus, JCECE 2017 is a major entrance test in the state of Jharkhand. You cannot think of getting admission of a coveted institution in the state unless you have qualified in this exam. Qualifying this test opens up so many opportunities for you. So make user to prepare well and work hard to achieve higher ranking in this test.