How to Boost/Speed Up Internet Speed on Windows PC/Laptop
No doubt, a slow internet connection wastes times, makes feel annoying, boring also it turns streamed videos into bad slideshows. Some users have really a slow internet connection (because they are paying for only slow internet connection) and searching on the internet how they can increase/boost their internet speed. If you are one of them then no need to worry. Here is the step by step tutorial on How to Boost or Increase Internet Speed which will help you in improving your internet speed. This tutorial is only for
This tutorial is only for Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. By default MS Windows actually stores 20 % (percent) of your internet connection speed for its own updates and access to the Microsoft Servers. Most of the users are completely unaware of the fact because the option to control bandwidth is completely hidden from them. With the help of this tutorial, you will able to change the bandwidth speed and use 100% of your bandwidth available.
Steps to Speed Up Internet in Windows 10/8.1/8/7
- First of all open Run Command just by pressing Win Key + R on your keyboard.
- Type gpedit.msc there and hit Enter to open Group Policy window.
- Now Expand Administrative Template which is located under Computer Configuration.
- Select Network and double click on QoS Packet Scheduler on the right hand side.
- Now open Limit reservable bandwidth just by double clicking on it.
- Now you will see the default setting as Not Configured and also bandwidth limit shows Zero percentage and grayed. MS Windows still reserves 20% of available total bandwidth.
- So now you need to Enable it and then set the bandwidth percentage to 0% (Zero Percentage) and do Apply and click on OK button.
- At last, you’ll need to Restart your computer to utilize 100% of total available bandwidth. You’ll notice that your internet speed is slightly improved.
If you are paying for 2G internet connection to your ISP then above tricks can’t give you 3G or 4G speed. But this tutorial will surely help you utilizing 100% of total available bandwidth. So this was the simple yet powerful tips on How to Boost/Increase Internet Speed on Win 8 or 7 or 10 etc. Please share your views/ideas/suggestion/feedback in the comment box. Thanks, stay tunned.